Monday, April 2, 2007

Touched By A Nerdgasm

As you may already know due to me dropping her name every chance I can, I am friends with the one known as "Ami Angelwings". And not the "We totally shook hands one time and I am intimate with her trash can" kind of friends. We are real honest to goodness, get each other birthday presents and talk about our hair (her more then me...although i'm thinking of adding bleached tips...we'll talk later about that...) kind of friends.

Anyway recently Ami has been pointing out to me the inane amount of semi-intarweb publicity she is receiving. From being casually mentioned in a Something Awful forum fight to being replied to by the amazing Gail Simon (several times). It's all very exciting for her and for me by association because it's the first time she's forayed into something like this without the intent to be read by people and now she is getting 500 hits on her blog and being read by people we find to be celebrities of some sort.

Obviously the biggest deal for her is being read by Gail Simon whom she looks very dearly to it as a comic book great. Long before she started her blog she would talk about how great she is. So I am going to start a campaign to get some level of success the way she has by dropping names like a coke fiend with turrets in hopes of getting MY comic book idle to comment on MY blog.

So from here on out every post I make here will end with me dropping the name of my favorite comic book person and then praising them in some way before ending the post.

On a differant note I have finally been able to get all 4 issues of Justice Society of America in their Cooler-Than-Thou Alex Ross covers. I had to goto 4 different comic shops across Philadelphia's Center City but it was well worth it to get Mr. Ross' art back onto my shelf. I already have several comics by Alex Ross spread around my house, such as my leatherbound copy of Kingdom Come that I use as a coffee table book (everyone who sees it LOVES looking at it). I have also noticed that Ross has the masterful ability to do cover art for some very fantastical series of comics (Astro City anyone?) and very rarely to terrible writings (sorry Red Sonja). Anyway I just wanted to throw that out there that it was a big adventure obtaining those comics as very recently they have started to issue the Black & White covers that are nice in their own right but just can't hold a candle to Alex Ross. Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, Alex Ross, oh and Alex Ross, Alex Ross.

1 comment:

Ami Angelwings said...

i certAinLy hopE that your eXpressive post gets the Results that yOu So deSire. :D

>.>

<.<

ALEX ROSS!!!!